Wednesday, September 23, 2015

More References!

I found some homemade post-apocalyptic weapons, made from gears, saw blades and average melee weapons. I liked the idea of layered armor/patchwork leather and tire scrap. I also looked at modern fashion to derive a more punkish, distopia look. The clothes are really shape driven, triangles, rectangles etc. Lots of layer and grunge colors.

Avatar embodies that softness that I want in conjunction with the Young Justice style. I like the semi-realistic hair and the overall simplistic/realistic design. 

I liked the fur and rustic elements from Game of Thrones. Some of the leather elements would be interesting as well. I want to also explore more natural weapon designs. 

Gas Mask References. I want the masks to channel personality and be identifiers for characters. Raven Black actually has painted his mask (fangs)

Rock climbing is an important skill for Rose and the others, they have to go down to the ravine on lines in order to salvage gear and supplies. Line Climbing starts at a young age and climbing is integral for life. I also like the hanging shelter, just in case people are traveling in harsh environments.

Slum city ideas, I really liked the bridge and I think that should be a main location in the series.

I want to have a similar animated style to Young Justice, though I want to tone down some of the sharper features.

No comments:

Post a Comment